Watch media #3 under Assignments tab. Post your 2-3 paragraph response Points to consider: how is sanitation a vector of disease ? What is the role of government in providing infrastructure ? When attempting to help people unfamiliar to indoor toilets to change their habit ( avoid open defecation) what behavioral strategies did you notice ? Any cues used ? Any reinforcements (positive, negative, social ) ? Any punishments ? What do you think might help solve this widespread problem ?World Toilet Crisis (youtube)Sample Post World Toilet CrisisThis was a dramatic video, since it’s rare to see such “raw” footage up close. We take a lot for granted here in the US, where we have functioning infrastructure for plumbing. It’s hard to believe that over half the world is subject to these conditions.Applying the TTM model, it seemed like there were many, if not most people in the communities Adam visited who took the situation for granted – they were in the pre-contemplation stage of change. They did not even realize anything was wrong since they grew up defecating outside. Once the intervention teams came, they got the people to start to think about it – sometimes with “in your face” kinds of strategies. This got their attention and moved them into the Contemplation stage, where they were thinking about the issue. The part I liked the best was when the intervention team gave the new toilet owners public recognition with a certificate on their door, letting everyone know they took Action. What surprised me the most about all this, was the toileting indoors is a learned behavior, which must be taught and must overcome cultural barriers in areas where that is not common. We all learned so early that we are in the Maintenance phase. I thought it was funny that in India they make some public toilets without roofs so people feel the breeze and feel more comfortable. Seeing the difference in the Indonesian village where sanitation was a priority, compared with other areas still squalid, was amazing and made me feel that all the effort was very worthwhile, even if hard. Gates Foundation Sanitation ProjectBill and Melinda Gates are focusing their philanthropy towards better sanitation, including the Reinvent the Toilet Contest. To find out more about what is being done, check out their website.Toilet Access by CountryInfographics provides a handy tool to look up % of population that has toilet access. Check out some Haiti & some African countries vs India, Indonesia and others.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.