This is the final step to the casa analysis. Parts 1 and 2 have been completed. Part III Paper (15% of overall course grade):Expect to submit approximately 8-10 pages in proper APA format, including titlepage, any figures or appendices and references.Here is the description and part 1 that has already been completed. A brief executive summary of the issue or problem in the organization, including the name of the organization (or a pseudonym) and a brief synopsis of the business and/or industry in which it operates.The company that I have chosen was british petroleum oil. The topic I chose to use for my case analysis are listed here. I will submit a copy of the initial outline that was already submitted and the full assignment description.Case Analysis Presentation
British Petroleum Oil Company
• British Petroleum is one of the largest oil companies in the world.
• They are based out of London, United Kingdom
• BP Is an Integrated Energy business with operations in Europe, North
America, South America, Australia, Asia, and Africa
• They employ approximately 70,000 people
• Sales and Operating revenues total 278 billion in 2019
• They have about 18,900 Retail sites
What does BP Do?
According to their website bp’s strengths are in exploration and discovery, deep-water, giant fields and gas
supply chains and a high-quality downstream business – all supported by leading-edge technology. Today, the
energy bp produces not only keeps America moving but it also helps drive the American economy
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed
This Photo by
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC
This Photo by Unknown Author is
licensed under CC BY
BP company has had some difficult times in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s
Some of the obstacles the company had to deal with were due to bad management decisions,
Poor economic planning, and poor human resource planning, and bad leadership decisions
• Declining profits due to declining oil prices- Economic issue
• Decline in profits due to merging of various diversified businesses- Planning and Economic issue
• Management succession resulting from the company’s poor performance –Leadership issue
• Low company morale due to job cuts and poor leadership. CEO Robert Horton earned the nickname “The Hatchet”
for his personal abrasiveness and tendency to dictate rather than cultivate- Management and Human resource issue
• Over 19,000 job positions which is about 16% of the entire workforce were removed in the period
between 1990-1992.- Human resources and planning issues
• In 1990, revenue had dropped from $66.4 billion to $51.9 billion in 1992 and the annual profits dropped from
$3.2 billion resulting in a yearly loss of $811 million.- Economic issue
Steps BP took to bounce back from crisis
Focus on traditional area of strength in “upstream” areas– oil and gas exploration, field development, production, pipeline
Transportation, and gas marketing- and “downstream” areas- oil supply trading, refining, and marketing- as well as in chemical
Manufacturing. As a result of its corporate shuffling, BP now focused on its three core businesses: oil exploration and production,
oil exploration and production, oil refining and marketing, and chemicals
Restructuring the company under new management team.
They organized the company’s interests into three primary divisions: BP Exploration, BP Oil, and BP Chemicals
Cut debts by $1 billion Dollars
Accelerated use of strategic business partnerships to cut the cost of doing business
My opinion and recommendations
BP faced many crisis during this time. There was little that the company could have done to predict
the falling oil prices as this is dependent on the amount of oil obtained by the oil mining companies.
On the other hand BP could have been more aware of the external threat of other companies plans to
merge. BP leadership, and management could have also been more active in communicating with employees to
Help the employees accept the layoffs and changes more openly.
Under the leadership of Horton the company the company failed to communicate. BP could have taken
A different approach to keeping employees informed of any changes rather the changes were good or
bad for the company. BP also could have reviewed its corporate structure to make sure that the goals were
Achievable. Under Horton’s leadership the company primary focus was to reduce its cost, reduce
organizational complexity, and reshape the central Organization. While cutting cost may sound as if it’s
the perfect objective sometimes a company may have to spend money to reach a certain financial position.
bp global. 2020. Bp At A Glance | What We Do | Home. [online] Available at:
[Accessed 19 November
Kosov, M. E., Akhmadeev, R. G., Smirnov, D. A., Solyannikova, S. P., & Rycova, I. N. (2018). Energy
industry: Effectiveness from innovations. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 8(4), 83.
Doherty, N. A., & Smith, C. (2020). Corporate Insurance Strategy: The Case of British Petroleum. Journal
of Applied Corporate Finance, 32(1), 48-57.
Chaplinsky, S., Lynch, L. J., & Doherty, P. (2017). British Petroleum, Ltd. Darden Business Publishing
will submit a Major
Analysis. The analysis will be broken
to ensure students are working on the case throughout the term
(don’t wait until week 7)! The final and complete Case Analysis paper
is due to
Chalk & Wire at the end of Module 7.
overall theme of the project is an analysis of an issue or problem
faced by an
organization of your choice. Your analysis should include several of
disciplines reviewed in this course.
Part I Outline (6% of overall course grade)
A title for the case study
A brief executive summary of the issue or problem in the organization,
including the name of the organization (or a pseudonym) and a brief
synopsis of the business and/or industry in which it operates.
Bulleted statements about which business disciplines will be used to
understand, address, and improve the problem (expect to use 6 or
These should include information, research and factual evidence
nature of the issue or problem, for example:
Sales were down 40% in FY 2019 compared to previous years due to the opening
of a competing business nearby in January 2019 (Jones, 2019). The company
could have anticipated this economic issue through better environmental scanning
or SWOT analysis.
Significant employee turnover and changes in leadership resulted in damage to
organizational culture (Shoemaker, 2020). This is a
issue that occurred because of a recent merger and poor workforce
planning. This could have been addressed through more thoughtful talent
forecasting before the merger took place.
A brief concluding paragraph with the student’s recommendations on
to solve the issue or problem through the use of business strategies
techniques across these disciplines
All sources should be cited in the outline and on a separate
Part II Oral Presentation (15% of overall course grade):
Each student will present an oral summation of the Case Analysis
time. The presentation should include:
Brief introduction to the organization and the issue/problem addressed
Analysis of the issue/problem, identifying the applicable business
Conclusion with student’s recommended solutions to the
Each presentation must include a visual aid
Part III Paper (15% of overall course grade):
Expect to submit approximately 8-10 pages in proper APA format,
page, any figures or appendices and references.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.