here is Power Systems Analysis HW attached in pdf. if lecture notes i can send u need it just lmk Plz lmk if u have any questionEEL 5250/4251 Power Systems Analysis, Homework #2, Fall 2020
Fault analysis, Due Oct. 5, 2020
LAST NAME : …………………………………….
FIRST NAME : …………………………………….
ID : ……………………………………………
SIGNATURE : ……………………………..
1. In real-world observation, when a line-to-line fault occurs between two phases (e.g., phase b and phase c),
we find that while voltages of phase b and phase c are in phase, they are 180 degree against phase a voltage. In
addition, the magnitudes of phase b and phase c are half of that of phase a.
Please explain the observation using what you’ve learned in Module 2. You may use a simple Thevenin
equivalent circuit to demonstrate that a fault between phase b and phase c results in the above observation.
2. A single-line diagram of the power system considered is shown in Figure 1, where negative- and zero-sequence
reactances are also given. The neutrals of the generator and ∆–Y transformers are solidly grounded. The motor
neutral is grounded through a reactance Xn = 0.05 per unit on the motor base. (a) Draw the per-unit zero, positive-, and negative- sequence networks on a 100-MVA, 13.8-kV base in the zone of the generator. (b)
Reduce the sequence networks to their Thevenin equivalents, as viewed from bus 2. Prefault voltage of bus 2 is
V F = 1.05 per unit. Prefault load current and ∆–Y transformer phase shift are neglected.
Figure 1: Problems 2, 3, 4.
3. If a three-phase fault occurs at Bus 2: phases, a,b,c are directly connected to the ground. What is the fault
current per phase? What are the voltages at Bus 1? What are the three-phase line current flow?
4. If a single-line-ground fault occurs at Bus 2 phase a, what are the fault currents at each phase? In addition,
what are the voltages at each phase at Bus 1 and Bus 2? What are the three-phase line current flow?
5. If at Bus 2, a fault occurs at phase b and phase c (double line fault). What is the fault current between
phase b and phase c? What are the voltages at each phase at Bus 1 and Bus 2? What are the three-phase line
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.