Read the following paragraphs and paraphrase them separately. Do not miss any details, all the details in the text should still be included.p.4.
To establish the cocfficicnt of the meter it is necessary to obtain the variation
of (h, – hy) with discharge rate Q. As preliminary, the manometer scale must
be levelled. This is conveniently done by first opening both the control valve
downstream of the meter and the bench supply valve, so as to allow water to Mow
for a few seconds to clear air pockets from the supply system. The control valve
is then gradually closed, so that the meter is subjected to a gradually increasing
pressure which will cause water to pass up the piezometer tubes, thereby com-
pressing the air contained in the manifold. When the water levels have risen to a
convenient height, the bench valve is also gradually closed, so that, as both valves
are finally shut off, the meter is lclt containing static water under moderale pres.
sure. The adjusting screws at the base are then set so that the plerometers each
read the sanıc value when the scale is viewed from the front, and the tubes are
reasonably vertical when viewed from the end.
Having levelled the scale, measurements of a series of values of (h, – hy)
and Q may be made. The first reading may be taken at the maximum available
value of (, – hy), l.e. withi h, close to the top of the scale and h, close to the
bottom. This condition may be achieved by gradually opening both the bench
valve and the control valve. Successive opening of either valve will increase the
flow and the difference between h, and hz. Opening of the bench valve is accom-
panicd by a general risc in levels in the manonicter, while opening of the control
valve is accompanied by a general fall in the manometer, so that by judiciously
balancing the two valve settings the required condition may be obtained. If
difficulty is experienced in reaching the desired condition, air may be icleased
from or admitted to the manifold through the smail air valve at its end.
The rale of low is now measured by collection in the weighing tank, and while
this is in progress, values of h, and he arc read from the scale. Similar readings
may be taken at a series of reducing values of (h, – hz), about 10 readings
roughly equally spread, in the range of 250mm to zero being adequate for the
By reading off from all the piezometer tubes at any of the settings used above,
the pressure distribution along the length of the Venturi meter may be recorded.
If, however, this is done in every case, the reduction of all the results becomes
lengthy, so it is suggested that only one or two such comprehensive readings be
taken, preferably, for the sake of accuracy, near the maximum flow.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.