Assignment:#1) Read the articles, listen to the podcasts, and/or watch the videos associate with your chosen topic for this week (see options below). #2) Review the three anthropological theories below: Post structuralism, structuralism, and functionalism. You have already been introduced to these ideas throughout the course of this class. However, I am including a link to the unit where we learned about the idea, a brief definition, and a short video explaining the idea to help remind you of the theory.#3) Choose one (or more) of the three theories and write a short essay applying this knowledge to your chosen topic. This essay demonstrates the student’s ability to take a theoretical framework and test it by putting it by applying it to a topic in anthropology. You must:Write a three pages minimum (750 words minimum).Summarize the ethnographic articles you read. Be sure to: Identify the Main Issue: A statement of the main issues or problems addressed by the texts/films/podcasts. This is a summary that pays special attention to the authors themes, topics, and arguments.Be sure to answer the following questions: In what ways do the people’s beliefs inform or shape their practices?How does the method of ethnography provide a unique perspective on the topic you chose?In what ways are anthropologists particularly positioned to examine the topic that you chose?Include a Critical Analysis: Here, you will draw out the implications of the text and present your own assertions or questions about it. Be sure to answer the following questions: Is there anything the author overlooked, asserted, or brushed aside? What seems novel or conventional about the inferences or arguments of the text?Summarize your chosen theory (or theories) Discuss whether or not these theories can shed any light on the ethnographic material you read. Explore questions like:Did you see any use of theory in the articles you read? If so, where you convinced by the arguments or could application of one (or more) of these other theories shed more light on the topic?What other kinds of subjects could you investigate around your chosen topic? How would your chosen theory shape the research topic and conclusions?Do these theories add any insight into the ethnographic research your read? If so, how?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.