answer discussion post and reply to classmate postCOMMUNICATE MONOGAMY 2
Textbook- Crooks R. L., Baur K., & Widman L. (2021). Our Sexuality.
Discussion 1 (400 words)
Begin by viewing the PBS Documentary “American Porn
.” Discuss how atypical sexual behavior is defined. Religion and the economy, for example, have played large roles in establishing what is considered normal and what is considered deviant. Who decides, for example, what is “atypical” sexual behavior?
Reply 1 destiny (60 words)
(Crooks, 2021) Atypical sexual behavior can be defined as sexual behaviors that are not seen within society “norms”, unusual sexual arousal in the content of people, objects, and situations. These behaviors show sexual deviance in individuals. Religion and society has played a large role in establishment of what is atypical sexual behaviors. Society and religions set up and apply rules for peoples sexual behaviors based on moral values and decides which behaviors are atypical to nature, this has been an ongoing practice since the beginning of time. As times have changed and pornography has become “normalized” we see a change within society, not so much religion, as a whole. Society has come to small acceptances over time in regards to porn and other atypical sexual behaviors. Some of these acceptances include the more exposure ways in which men and women dress and present themselves, the availability to online porn, and accesses to adult stores. Acts upon porn and pornography have come to be an acceptable part, within reason, to our society. Although over decades society has a whole has changed their view over porn and pornography many religions have not. Many established religions and cultures
believe that porn is against chasity, offends the dignity of the participants, and is sinful; applying selfishness. I believe that the over all problem we see faced against pornography’s in todays society is addiction and the desensitization it can lead towards sex. Human sexuality and sexual behaviors is a part of life but how we apply and use these available resources is essential to help us pleasure these needs but not cloud our minds.
Reply 2 cassandra ( 60 words)
After watching the documentary and reading this week’s chapters, I have a better understanding of what is considered “atypical” sexual behavior and who decides what is considered “atypical” sexual behavior. Atypical sexual behavior is also known as paraphilias or uncommon sexual expression (Crooks, 2021). Religion but mostly society are who determines what constitutes atypical sexual behavior. Anything outside the normal of sexual behavior and that is not expressed by the majority in that society is within the definition of atypical. On the contrary, just because someone has occasional unusual fantasies does not mean there is a psychological disorder.
The video expresses the urge to continue pushing the limits of the American porn industry as so many get bored with the usual (Kirk, 2002
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.