ObjectivesUnderstanding the value of a merit system in government employmentLearning about the activities of the human resources functionUnderstanding the importance of collective bargaining and labor-management relationsLearning about issues that affect human resources, such as diversity and discriminationUnderstanding the relationship between political and career administratorsMotivation of employees is considered as one of the central tasks of a manager in private and public sector organizations. Review and assess the main content and theories of motivation. What does research tell us about values and incentives that seem to influence public sector employees? What are some of the unique challenges public managers face in motivating their employees? How has public management research addressed (or failed to address) these challenges, and how should research in this area proceed moving forward?Respond Substantively to each group members original post (Post 1 and 2)Direct Video Link: Human Resources Management opens in new window (28:58)AssignmentsRead The following from Shafritz and Hyde:A Theory of Human Motivation (1943) A. H. Maslow.The Human Side of Enterprise (1957) Douglas Murray McGregor (Access the Article with Commentary)Representative Bureaucracy (1974) Samuel Krislov.Democracy and the Public Service: The Collective Services (1982) Frederick C. MosherFrom Affirmative Action to Affirming Diversity (1990) Roosevelt Thomas.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.