Discussion Topic #1 – HR Professionalism, Competencies, and Code of Ethics
In Week 1, we reviewed the SHRM Code of Ethics provided to HR Professionals. In addition, SHRM has developed a Competency Model and describes the HR professional’s ethical practice as “the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.”
Share your thoughts on what you are taking from your HRM program and in particular, this HRMN 408 Employment Law course that will has influenced you towards better understanding the ethical and legal considerations that HR professionals much adhere to.
Discussion Topic #2 — Reflections on Course Outcomes
Since we are at the end of this course, this is the perfect time to reflect upon the achievement of Course Outcomes. As the Syllabus states….
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Analyze employment related laws, and ethical considerations their application, and implications in the workplace
2. Evaluate rights, obligations, and liabilities in the employment process and relationship.
3. Evaluate compliance with current laws and regulations related to safety and fairness in the workplace.
4. Effectively communicate to internal and external audiences the principles and application of employment laws and ethical considerations in the business environment.
Considering all the learning and work through discussions, reviewing resources, and the assignments, share your thoughts on the following:
How comfortable do you feel that you have mastered these competencies?
What has been most useful?
What could have been more helpful?
How has this course helped you to accomplish your career goals?
What other areas of Employment Law and Ethical Considerations would you have like to see included in future courses?3/16/2020 Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
11/16/07/As Amended 11/21/14
As HR professionals, we are responsible for adding value to the organizations we serve and contributing to the ethical success of those
organizations. We accept professional responsibility for our individual decisions and actions. We are also advocates for the profession by
engaging in activities that enhance its credibility and value.
To build respect, credibility and strategic importance for the HR profession within our organizations, the business community, and
the communities in which we work.
To assist the organizations we serve in achieving their objectives and goals.
To inform and educate current and future practitioners, the organizations we serve, and the general public about principles and
practices that help the profession.
To positively in�uence workplace and recruitment practices.
To encourage professional decision-making and responsibility.
To encourage social responsibility.
�. Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
�. Measure the e�ectiveness of HR in contributing to or achieving organizational goals.
�. Comply with the law.
�. Work consistent with the values of the profession.
�. Strive to achieve the highest levels of service, performance and social responsibility.
�. Advocate for the appropriate use and appreciation of human beings as employees.
�. Advocate openly and within the established forums for debate in order to in�uence decision-making and results.
3/16/2020 Code of Ethics
As professionals we must strive to meet the highest standards of competence and commit to strengthen our competencies on a continuous
To expand our knowledge of human resource management to further our understanding of how our organizations function.
To advance our understanding of how organizations work (“the business of the business”).
�. Pursue formal academic opportunities.
�. Commit to continuous learning, skills development and application of new knowledge related to both human resource
management and the organizations we serve.
�. Contribute to the body of knowledge, the evolution of the profession and the growth of individuals through teaching, research and
dissemination of knowledge.
�. Pursue certi�cation where available, or comparable measures of competencies and knowledge.
HR professionals are expected to exhibit individual leadership as a role model for maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct.
To set the standard and be an example for others.
To earn individual respect and incre
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.