Topic: Myths and misperceptions in FP/RH, comparisons to other areas of SRH and/or to other areas of health such as vaccination, and possible negative outcomes; Why is it so difficult to change erroneous beliefs about contraception? For this written assignment, you will choose from among 8 topic areas that will be discussed when in preparation among a group of 5 students who express interest in this topic area. I will send on the list of topics about a week after the class has started and will ask you to select and email your preference a week later.I will also be recommending a list of potential areas within that topic area on which to write your term paper, which you will discuss with your colleagues as you go along, to a greater or lesser degree depending on your preference. This way, I am encouraging you to get peer feedback, honest criticism and reflections, before you firstly outline (1/2- 1 page) the structure of your paper in an email to your TA and Instructor and then again before you submit your assignment.Students will write a critical analysis in response to a defined research question within that important RH topic area, selected from the list of options provided. The choice of topic and a half-page outline of your paper should be given to your professor by September 21, so that we can discuss and give you some feedback on how you have proposed your research question and the likely structure and argument for your paper.You will then submit a written product that follows the conventions of a scholarly paper. I expect this to be a concise paper about 10-12 double-spaced pages in length (i.e. about 3,000 words), not counting tables, figures, notes and references that will add to the length. It is due (without fail) on November 21. You should also prepare either a 150-200 word abstract, or a set of 6 ppt. slides, that summarize your work and that can be shared with your colleagues.HCO 608/708
Andrzej Kulczycki, Ph.D.
GUIDANCE FOR ASSIGNMENT 2:
The following notes discuss key criteria for good wriing and suggested format for your
CRITERIA FOR GOOD WRITING
1. Well developed first paragraph:
– tells main points of essay
– tells reader what to expect
– grasps attention of reader
2. Body paragraphs:
– focus on one idea
– begin with good transition
– stays with topic
– doesn’t use I or you, unless completely written in first or second person
– wraps up essay
– restates main points
– essay doesn’t jump around from idea to idea
– essay flows together with smooth transitions
5. Opinions are backed up with facts:
– unless it is general knowledge, cite examples which back up opinions
SUGGESTED FORMAT FOR TERM PAPERS
It is difficult to provide instructions for the term paper format because you will likely pick
a variety of topics that can be approached in many ways. As a general guide, follow the
style of an academic paper. Your paper should include the following general sections:
Introduction. Be clear upfront about what the purpose of the paper is and what you are
going to try to accomplish in it. This section should not be more than two or three
paragraphs in length.
Background to the issue under study. Here, you would include pertinent background
information to help the reader understand the issue being addressed in the paper.
Define the “problem” (perhaps from more than one perspective, as appropriate) and the
salient concerns. Give relevant key data. Set out also the structure of your paper.
Main analytical section.
Summary and conclusions. Summarize the main points of your paper; draw some
References. At the end of your paper, give a list of sources used (I am flexible on the
exact format used). List the information sources you have used and do so in an
academic style. Your argument should be validated by justifications from authentic
sources (without going overboard); the list of references informs about various
supportive content of source of information.
-Expected length: Your paper should be about 2500-3250 words long, i.e. 10-12 pages,
excluding references and tables/figures.
Use 1.5 line or double-line spacing, font 12, MS Word file.
At the start of the paper, include a cover page that gives the following:
• Your name
• Title of your paper
• Abstract (150-250 words long)
(The contents of the cover page do not count toward the paper’s overall Word count)
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.