Assignment: Evidence-Based Project, Part 1: Identifying Research Methodologies
In this Assignment, you will identify clinical areas of interest and inquiry and practice searching for research in support of maintaining or changing these practices. You will also analyze this research to compare research methodologies employed.
· Review the Resources and identify a clinical issue of interest that can form the basis of a clinical inquiry. Keep in mind that the clinical issue you identify for your research will stay the same for the entire course.
· Based on the clinical issue of interest and using keywords related to the clinical issue of interest, search at least four different databases in the Walden Library to identify at least four relevant peer-reviewed articles related to your clinical issue of interest. You should not be using systematic reviews for this assignment, select original research articles.
· Review the results of your peer-reviewed research and reflect on the process of using an unfiltered database to search for peer-reviewed research.
· Reflect on the types of research methodologies contained in the four relevant peer-reviewed articles you selected.
Part 1: Identifying Research Methodologies title page and reference page) using formal APA writing convention, using the 7th Edition APA Manual as your guide. Plagiarism free work…. I attach a template
After reading each of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected, use the Matrix Worksheet template to analyze the methodologies applied in each of the four peer-reviewed articles. Your analysis should include the following:
· The full citation of each peer-reviewed article in APA format.
· A brief (1-paragraph) statement explaining why you chose this peer-reviewed article and/or how it relates to your clinical issue of interest, including a brief explanation of the ethics of research related to your clinical issue of interest.
· A brief (2 -paragraph) description of the aims of the research of each peer-reviewed article.
· A brief (2 paragraph) description of the research methodology used. Be sure to identify if the methodology used was qualitative, quantitative, or a mixed-methods approach. Be specific.
· A brief (2-paragraph) description of the strengths of each of the research methodologies used, including reliability and validity of how the methodology was applied in each of the peer-reviewed articles you selected.Matrix Worksheet Template
Use this document to complete Part 1 of the Module 2 Assessment,
Evidence-Based Project, Part 1: Identifying Research Methodologies
of selected article
you chose this article and/or
how it relates
to the clinical issue of interest (include a brief
explanation of the ethics
of research related to your clinical issue of interest)
description of the aims
of the research of each peer-reviewed article
Brief description of the
used Be sure to identify if the methodology used was
, or a
approach. Be specific.
A brief description of the
of each of the research methodologies used, including
of how the methodology was applied in each of the peer-reviewed articles you selected.
Matrix Worksheet Template
© 2021 Walden University, LLC
2Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2018). Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: A guide to best practice (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
· Chapter 2, “Asking Compelling Clinical Questions” (pp. 33–54)
· Chapter 21, “Generating Evidence Through Quantitative and Qualitative Research” (pp. 607–653)
A typology of reviews: an analysis of 14 review types and associated method…: @ Walden University Library (ebscohost.com)
Understanding quantitative research: part 2 – ProQuest
Understanding quantitative research: part 1 – ProQuest
Overview of Quantitative Research Methods – YouTubePoints to Consider when Choosing a Topic for this Course
Got It. All Set and
Good to Go!
IMPORTANT 6052 ASSIGNMENT POINTS:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Understand, A Bit
Confused – Reach
out to instructor
MUST Stick to the Same Topic for all Parts of the
Assignment – NO CHANGING
Pick a topic area that you are interested in, or one
you wish to learn more about as you will be sticking
to this topic for each written assignment (Part 1,
Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
See Appendix A in the back of your book. Check out
Intervention type of PICOT question format.
Remember, PICOT question that will lead the overall
assignment is an intervention (i.e., comparison).
Search for research articles. Need help, check out
Walden Library videos on searching the databases
Are there primary (a.k.a. original or empirical)
research articles available within the last 5 years on
the topic you wish to investigate? Be sure to go to
Walden Library, select Databases A-Z tab, search
CINHAL and MEDLINE Combined Search that can be
found in the multi-databases searches listed.
Are there Systematic Review research articles
available within the last 5 years on the topic you
wish to investigate? Be sure to go to Walden Library,
select Databases A-Z tab, search CINHAL and
MEDLINE Combined Search that can be found in the
multi-databases searches listed. When searching for
systematic reviews, be sure to add the keyword
“Systematic Review” when conducting the search on
Having trouble deciding on a topic? Be sure to check
out below information to get some ideas – feel free
to use them if you like or tweak them to fit with
One last time, fully aware that I MUST Stick to the
Same Topic for all Parts of the Assignment – NO
YES Suggested TOPICS NO Thanks
Urinary catheter insertion – 1 versus 2 people assist
Fall prevention measure – comparing two measures
Shift Report – bedside compared to at the nurse’s station
PTSD – EMDR use, individual counseling, group counseling
Visitation hours in critical care setting – limited as compared
Instructional Strategies – comparing one strategy versus
another in classroom teaching or hospital-based annual
competency training sessions
Leadership style – how does one style of leadership versus
another impact nurse retention; or motivation; or any other
common component you find interesting
Nurse burnout – Implementing mindfulness practice as
compared to another alternative in (critical care nurses or
oncology nurses) decrease burnout
Telehealth and remote monitoring – comparing the impact of
face-to-face visits with telehealth visits on outcomes (i.e.
clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, costs of care, 30 day
readmits, ED visits, and access to care)
Barcode Medication Administration (BCMA) systems –
medication error reduction
Below is a New Checklist I put together. I hope that it helps to guide you as you begin to decide on a topic. The checklist will also be available in Doc Sharing of this course. Doc Sharing is located on your course page, left side panel, about halfway down you will see a label “Doc Sharing” – be sure to check out all the info shared thus far and more to come (i.e., visual examples).
To present some important points:
Keep the same topic (PICOT) throughout
Beginning with Module 2, our written assignments throughout this course build upon one another; meaning, they are all “parts” of one large project!
This project paper consists of 4 parts and all parts MUST keep the
(PICOT) of clinical interest. Above all, be sure that the topic you select, and PICOT question is answerable – meaning, you can find an answer within the evidence-based literature that is within 5 years.
PICOT question – MUST be an INTERVENTION type of question (see page 706 Appendix A in textbook) – and no questions regarding medications (classifications or individual medications).
Fill in the P-I-C-O-T appropriately according to the wording of INTERVENTION type of question in our textbook Appendix A.
After looking around your work area and thinkin about if this is “common practice” or “best practice,” try to come up with a possible area to investigate further. Want to brainstorm, give me a call this week to discuss your ideas (send me an email to arrange a good time to talk if outside of office hours).
Remember, this is a topic that you must be able to locate both
primary (aka original or empirical) research articles and
Must stick to the SAME TOPIC throughout each assignment Part (see below). Therefore, take time to check out the various research databases you can locate articles within the Walden Library (i.e. CINAHL, MEDLINE, PubMed, Cochrane).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.