Read the attachmentThere are two short videosThen answer three questionsRemember to read requirement at the endTwo Opposing Views: The World is Flat vs. the World is not Flat
Thomas Friedman (2008) argues that “the world is flat.” He claims
that globalization has flattened the world over the years, and it will
continue to do so. On the contrary, Pankaj Ghemawat (2012) argues
that “actually, the world isn’t flat.”
To critique the two experts’ views, you are expected to watch
Thomas Friedman’s short video, “What Thomas Friedman means when he
say” and watch Pankaj Ghemawat’s TED Talk, Actually, the world isn’t
Full citations (APA 7th Ed):
Ghemawat, P. (2012, June). Actually, the world isn’t flat. [Video]. TED
United Way of Greater New Haven. (2008, August 22). What Thomas Friedman
means when he says “The World is Flat.”
Using proper sentence and paragraph structure, as well as details
are drawn from the reading and the video, write a response of at
least 5 sentences for each question.
1. What does Thomas Friedman mean by globalization and why
does he argue that “the world is flat”? What are Friedman’s main
reasons for his argument that the new era of globalization is
producing a “flat world”? Explain his argument and describe
some of the specific reasons and examples he provides to support
2. According to Pankaj Ghemawat, what does he mean by
globalization and why does he argue that the world isn’t as flat as
Friedman claims? Explain Ghemawat’s argument and describe
some of the specific evidence and examples he gives to support
his position. For example, what are some of the assumptions we
make about globalization that are untrue? What do levels of
internationalization (cross-border activities) tell us about how
“globalized” the world actually is? Why is it important to be
accurate when making claims about globalization?
3. In your opinion, is globalization making the world flat? Between
Friedman and Ghemawat, whose argument do you find more
compelling, and why? Briefly compare and contrast the two authors’
positions on this critical debate about the extent of globalization, and
clearly explain why you find one point of view more convincing than the
You may use no more than one brief direct quote. You are expected
to phrase things in your own words as much as possible to
demonstrate understanding and independent thought. You are
required to properly reference all ideas and information using APA
citation format. Please note: an in-text citation is required when you
paraphrase or use a quotation. Use font and margin – 12 point, Arial or
Times New Roman, 1-inch margin, and double-spaced.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.